How To Convert a Hand Crank Meat Grinder Into An Electric Meat Grinder?
Converting a manual meat grinder into a motorized meat grinder is interesting yet, has its advantages and disadvantages. There are several ways by which a hand crank meat grinder can be turned into an electric meat grinder. The horsepower of the motor results in the output and the efficiency of grinding also depends on the quality and power of the motor.
If you are not a motor person, then you can take the guidance of any electric enthusiast for setting the motor and connecting to the manual meat grinder. If you know electrical engineering then converting a hand crank meat grinder into an electric meat grinder will be a piece of cake.
The two common ways in which a manual meat grinder can be turned into an electric meat grinder are,
- By using the motor, pulley, and flywheel
- By using drill power
These are the common ways that involve a different way of working in changing the hand crank meat grinder into an electric-powered one.
While using drill power to the meat grinder, you can either use the cordless or cord connected drill machine.
The motor of the tractor powered to the hand crank meat grinder also gives the desired result. Also, by simply connecting the motor to the hand, a crank meat grinder excels the job. But, all the innovations have to be taken proper care to avoid any risk.
In this section, let us know about the simple process and techniques involved in the revolution of converting the hand crank meat grinder into an electric meat grinder.
Motor, pulley, and flywheel powered hand crank meat grinder:
If you are looking to make a motorized meat grinder for home use, then you can choose an ice maker motor, washing machine motor, or any other kitchen appliance motor to do the job.
- The first thing that you should do is you need to fix the hand crank meat grinder on a table or any countertop where you wanted your meat grinder to be.
- The hand crank should be removed, and the flywheel must be connected to the shaft.
- The next step will be of fixing the pulleys and the motor in the proper place with the distance, keeping in mind to avoid any discomfort while working.
- The revolution per minute and the horsepower are the two significant aspects in which the amount of meat is ground. If you are choosing a less horsepower motor, then you should be ready for the slow working of your meat grinder.
- There needs a mathematical calculation knowledge required to finalize your motor and the pulley diameter.
- The diameters of the pulleys and the RPM of the motor should be calculated before starting the grinding work to ensure the desired power.
- The belt tension is also one of the important factors that should be looked after before the process.
- If the driven pulley diameter is more, then the output RPM would be less.
- When the output RPM is more than 400, then the meat grinder can easily grind pork shoulder, lamb, and deer meat.
- The noise produced by the store-bought electric meat grinder could be much less than the noise from the motorized hand crank meat grinder while grinding the meat.
- The process of making might be a hardship for newbies.
- Only if having a lot of time, one should take up the invention.
- Easy cleaning and maintenance is a challenge.
- Have to compromise on the look.
Drill powered hand crank meat grinder:
Drill powering is one of the easiest ways of converting your hand crank meat grinder into an electric meat grinder. With a minimum of work involved, you can achieve the job.
- The handle of the meat grinder has to be removed to fit in the drill machine.
- The shaft of the manual meat grinder must be connected to the drill machine and has to be tightened for a stronghold.
- The meat grinder must be strongly screwed to the tabletop.
- When the switch of the drill machine is ON, the meat grinder works in its way.
- Riskier than any other method.
- The steadiness of the meat grinder might not be reliable.
- There is no consistency while running since every time we need to ON the switch of the drill.
- It requires a lot of patience to obtain a good quantity of ground meat.
Hand crank meat grinder offers us multiple methods to convert it into a motorized meat grinder. The devices involved and the techniques used vary accordingly.
If you are not a person who can stress the time and energy, then you should opt for the best electric meat grinders in the market. If you get the desired customized electric meat grinder, you need not worry about the working and the productivity.
There is also a lot more understanding required if you are customizing your hand crank meat grinder. The technical knowledge is mandatory for creation. Along with the cost-effective and personal satisfaction of developing your electric meat grinder out of hand crank meat grinder, there are significant risks involved which have to be taken at most care.
For people that are wishing for a stress-free sausage or minced meat making, then you should safely go for the best electric meat grinders that are available in the market.
If you are a chef that regularly grinds meat then using the hand crank transformed electric meat grinder would cause disappointment in a few traits. For a motor hobbyist, the brainchild of converting a hand crank meat grinder into an electric meat grinder will be a satisfying one.
No matter, if you make a proper conversion of the hand crank meat grinder into the electric meat grinder, the machine may be a lucky charm that stays with you for a lifetime.