Best Meat Grinder
A meat grinder is an essential part of the kitchen in a household where meat-based dishes are prepared regularly. Grinding meat at home has various advantages and investing in a meat grinder offers great value as you are always sure about the hygiene of the meat ground in your own kitchen.
Also, if you want to create different dishes such as sausages and kibbeh, you can get attachments that help you grind the meat in the form you require. Having a meat grinder in your kitchen also helps to save money in the long run as you do not need to buy ground meat from the market.
In this article, we are going to take a look at some of the best meat grinders available in the market. We will also take a look at their features, pros, cons, and frequently asked questions about the meat grinders.
Comparison Chart of Best Meat Grinders
|Product Name||Dimensions||Weight||Motor Wattage||Warranty||Editor's Rating||Where to Buy?|
|STX-3000-TF||16.5 x 6.5 x 14.5 inches||12 pounds||1200W||3 years||4.3||Check on Amazon|
ALTRA Stainless Steel Meat Mincer & Sausage Stuffer
|11 x 6 x 8 inches||7.4 pounds||2000W||1 year||4.4||Check on Amazon|
|Aobosi Electric Meat Grinder||15 x 6.7 x 12.2 inches||8.1 pounds||1200W||1 year||4.8||Check on Amazon|
|Sunmile SM-G31 ETL Meat Grinder||19.3 x 10.4 x 8.4 inches||7.9 pounds||800W||1 year||4.2||Check on Amazon|
Kioles Electric Meat Grinder
|16.4 x 10.4 x 8.2 inches||8.55 pounds||2000W||1 Year||5||Check on Amazon|
Things to Look for in a Meat Grinder
If you are planning to buy a meat grinder, here are some of the features you should look for before making a purchase.
- High-powered Motor – A high powered motor is a must for any modern meat grinder. The motor makes it easier to grind meat of different types, and even if you want to grind bones, you can do it easily with a high-powered motor. The pulsing action of the motor keeps the meat from sticking to the plates and blades. Make sure you choose a motor that also offers reverse action.
- Simple Controls – A meat grinder should have simple to use controls as you will be using the meat pusher at the same time when grinding meat. Simple controls make it easier to control the meat grinder, and there is less scope of a mistake in the operation of the meat grinder.
- Dishwasher Safe Parts – Cleaning the parts of the meat grinder can be difficult as there is often meat stuck to the parts. Choose a meat grinder with parts that are safe for usage in a dishwasher so that you can save time and energy on cleaning the blades and the plates of the grinder.
- Attachments – Make sure the meat grinder you choose has compatible attachments that allow you to make sausages and kibbeh as you need. There are different types of attachment available in the market, and you can use them to grind meat or create final meat products as per your requirements.
- Durable Material – The body of the meat grinder should be made from durable materials that will not break with regular usage in the kitchen. The environment in a kitchen can be detrimental for plastics that can stain and crack over time, but a durable meat grinder will last for years with regular maintenance.
Reviews of Best Meat Grinder
1) STX International STX-3000-TF Turboforce 3 Speed Electric Meat Grinder & Sausage Stuffer
The STX-3000 meat grinder is the ideal meat grinder for any kitchen where a large amount of meat needs to be ground up. This is a heavy-duty meat grinder that can grind up to 360 pounds of meat per hour. The meat grinder comes with a range of attachments that include grinding head and meat hopper, stainless steel cutting blades, sausage stuffing plate, sausage stuffing tubes, kibbe making attachment and more.
The meat grinder also includes AVI (Advanced Variable Intake) that allows you to grind even the large pieces of the meat so that you can save time and effort. This particular meat grinder is not ideal for grinding bones as the results might be inconsistent.
- Heavy duty meat grinder
- Large, powerful 1200 watt motor
- Includes several useful attachments
- Three speed switch system of low, high, and reverse
- Aluminum grinding head
- The feeding tray is not a perfect fit
- The grinding plate is not made from stainless steel
- Not ideal for grinding bones
- The plastic gear might chip under heavy load
- The machine body moves during grinding meat
2) Electric Meat Grinder, ALTRA Stainless Steel Meat Mincer & Sausage Stuffer
This electric meat grinder is a powerful machine that offers up to 2000W power for grinding all kinds of meat. The grinder can produce up to 2 pounds of ground meat per minute at full power. If you are looking for a grinder that is fast and powerful, this is the ideal unit for you.
The machine comes with multiple accessories that add to the feature set of this meat grinder. You can grind meat easily with the three cutting plates to grind different consistency of meat. The meat grinder is made from highly durable materials that are ETL certified.
It is easy to clean the machine as you can take it apart to remove any meat particles and wash those parts, dry them and reassemble the grinder.
- Made from anti-corrosion material
- Ideal for small-scale commercial use
- Includes sausage and kibbeh attachments
- Powerful motor for grinding tough cuts of meat
- Concealed storage for storing attachments
- Easy to clean, food-grade safety material
- The grinder is loud during operation
- Not ideal for grinding meat with high-fat content
- The stainless steel finish dull after a few washes
- The grinder needs to rest between uses
- Not ideal for grinding vegetables
3) Aobosi Electric Meat Grinder
The Aobosi Electric Meat Grinder is a powerful machine that is easy to operate. The powerful 1200W motor can grind meat quickly and efficiently. The inner mechanism of the meat grinder is a metal gear-driven system that adds to the performance of the unit.
The operation of the device is simple with an ON/O/R switch and the reverse button is useful when anything gets stuck in the grinder. The dual switch feature prevents accidental switching on of the meat grinder and the safety circuit breaker prevents the meat grinder from heating up when in use.
The meat grinder is also stable on all surfaces as it comes with a trapezoidal design and a reinforced chassis that keep the unit stable when it is in use.
- Easy to clean with removable parts
- Heavy-duty, powerful copper motor
- Housing and blade are made from food-grade stainless steel
- Dual safety switch feature
- Modern design for added stability
- The grinder gets hot quickly
- The feeder tray is small in size
- The attachments are not dishwasher safe
- Not ideal for grinding meat
- The meat grinder is loud
4) Sunmile SM-G31 ETL Meat Grinder
This meat grinder is powerful with 800W of max power and it can grind up to 150 pounds per hour. Made by Sunmile, the meat grinder is easy to use as it has simple controls with an on/off switch.
The inner construction is copper, and the motor is highly durable so that it can be used for grinding even the toughest meat. This electric meat grinder comes with a range of accessories such as three stainless steel cutting plates that allow you to grind the meat as per the requirement of your dishes.
The unit is also easy to assemble and disassemble for cleaning purposes, and the cutting plates and blades are dishwasher safe. If you are looking for a powerful meat grinder for use in your home, this is the ideal unit for you.
- Powerful copper motor
- Includes a range of attachments
- Easy operation with on/off switch
- Big holding tray for adding meat to the grinder
- The meat grinder grinds meat quickly
- The meat grinder tends to heat up
- The parts of the grinder have a tendency to rust
- The cutting blade is not sharp enough
- Not ideal for grinding bones
- Meat with cartilage tends to jam the grinder blades
5) Kioles Electric Meat Grinder, 2000W Meat Grinder
The Kioles Electric Meat Grinder is a powerful unit with a maximum power of 2000W. The meat grinder comes with a range of useful attachments for stuffing sausages and making kubbe.
The unit is made from food-grade stainless steel and the motor is made from copper that adds to the durability of the meat grinder. ETL approved, this meat grinder makes grinding meat easier than any other unit as the operation is simple and there are no complex controls to follow.
There are only three buttons, ON, OFF, and REVERSE. In case the meat gets clogged in the grinder, you can use the reverse button to unclog the grinder.
- Powerful 2000W motor
- Simple operation with three buttons
- Copper motor adds to the grinding ability
- Includes useful attachments
- Grinds meat quickly and efficiently
FAQs about Meat Grinders
Prospective buyers and users often have questions about meat grinders. Here is q quick look at some of the frequently asked questions.
Q1) It is mentioned on the box that the meat grinder parts are dishwasher safe. What can I do to make sure the parts don’t discolor as I’ve read in some reviews?
Ans. Even if the parts are dishwasher safe, if possible, wash them by hand in a mixture of soapy, warm water. Once you have washed the parts, dry them and store them in a ziplock bag with a small amount of rice. The rice will suck away any extra moisture.
Q2) I tried to grind some meat, but it got stuck in the blades. What am I doing wrong here?
Ans. Before grinding the meat, keep it in a freezer for some time so that it’s partially frozen. Cut the meat in even pieces like cubes so that it is easy to add to the feeding tube. Partially frozen meat will always give you a better grind and it will also not get stuck in the grinder.
Q3) Can I grind small bones with the meat?
Ans. Depending on the model of the meat grinder, you will need to check if the manufacturer deems it safe to add bone to the meat. You can also boil the bones for a short time to soften them up before you put them in the grinder.
Q4) I want to grind peas in my meat grinder. How do I go about it?
Ans. Most meat grinders can grind peas and small vegetables with ease. The only caveat is that you will need a larger volume of peas to get something out of the grinder.
Q5) I lost one of the blades of the grinder. Where can I get a new blade?
Ans. You can check the manufacturer’s website or call their helpline number to get more information on where you can get a new blade from.
Buying a powerful electric meat grinder is a decision that can save you a lot of money and hassle in the long run. You can easily grind meat at home and make all kinds of meat-based dishes from minced meat and sausages to kibbeh and much more. Keep in mind to buy a meat grinder that offers maximum power and also provides an extensive warranty. With a powerful meat grinder, you will be able to grind more meat in less time and it will also do an efficient job at grinding the meat.
Other considerations to keep in mind are the availability of spare parts, attachments, and customer service for the meat grinder. Once you have used the meat grinder, make sure you clean all parts of it so that there are no meat particles stuck to the insides of the grinder. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning the meat grinder and store it in a dry place once you have cleaned and dried it.
We hope this article has been helpful in giving you an insight into the type of meat grinder that you want to buy. If you have any questions or queries, please feel free to discuss in the comment section, and our team will answer your query at the earliest.