Best Meat Grinder Under $100
A meat grinder is an essential item in any household that cooks and enjoy different kinds of meat. But if you are not keen on spending too much on buying your first meat grinder you can look for the best meat grinder under $100.
Once you are comfortable grinding meat with a grinder in this price range, you can update to a more expensive and feature filled grinder. This isn’t to say that meat grinders under $100 have fewer features. Many affordable meat grinders do a great job of grinding all kinds of meat with ease. Whether it is chicken, beef, or fish, when you want to grind meat, you can easily use any of the grinders mentioned in this article.
In this article, along with taking a look at the top six models of meat grinders under $100, we are also going to take a look at the pros and cons of the meat grinders. You will also find the frequently asked questions about meat grinders. But first, let’s take a look at some of the features you can expect in meat grinders under $100.
Comparison Chart for Meat Grinders Under $100
|Product Name||Power||Dimensions||Weight||Blades||Warranty||Editor's Rating||Product URL|
|Gourmia GMG525||500w/1000w||5.5 x 13.5 x 11.8 inches||6.85 pounds||3||One Year||4.2||Check on Amazon|
|Sunmile SM-G33||400w/800w||13.6 x 6.2 x 13.6 inches||8.82 pounds||3||One Year||4.1||Check on Amazon|
|Kitchen Basics 3-In-1||Manual||7.8 x 5.6 x 5.4 inches||1.9 pounds||2||NA||3.9||Check on Amazon|
|600w/1000w||20 x 11.5 x 9 inches||12.5 pounds||1||One Year||4||Check on Amazon|
|Best Choice||2000w||18.8 x 11.5 x 8.2 inches||5.5 pounds||3||One Year||3.9||Check on Amazon|
Flexzion Electric Meat Grinder 1600 Watt
|1600w||18.5 x 10.8 x 9.2 inches||10.5 pounds||2||One Year||3.8||Check on Amazon|
Features to Expect in Meat Grinders under $100
It is a given that the meat grinders under $100 will not have the features or applications you might find in more expensive meat grinders. Let’s take a look at some of the features that you can expect in the meat grinders in this range.
- Powerful Motors – The meat grinders come with powerful motors that can grind all kinds of meat with ease. Whether it is chicken, beef or fish, you can grind it all up in the type of meat you want like sausage, mince or finely ground meat. The motors of the meat grinders have a minimum and maximum power, and you can choose the option depending on the kind of meat you are grinding.
- Multiple Blades – The meat grinders often come with multiple blades for the kind of grinding job you are using them for. Having two or three blades also offers you a high degree of versatility when it comes to grinding meat the way you want for the dish you are planning to cook.
- Simple Operation – It is simple to operate a meat grinder. There aren’t too many options, and you have to insert the meat in the feeder end of the grinder and it comes out of the other end in your desired form. In electric meat grinders, you just have to push a button and the grinder will do the rest.
- Removable Parts – Cleaning the meat grinders is really easy as all parts can be removed for efficient cleaning. You can either clean them by hand or soak them in warm, soapy water to remove any pieces of meat that are stuck to the inner parts of the meat grinder.
- Attachments – Several functions can be added to the meat grinders with help of accessories. Whether you want to make sausage or grind meat for a particular dish, you can do it all with help of accessories.
Reviews of Meat Grinders Under $100
1) Gourmia GMG525 Electric Meat Grinder
Gourmia is a well-known name when it comes to home appliances, and the company shines in making the meat grinders too. The GMG525 is an electric meat grinder that can slice through any kind of meat with ease.
The meat grinder includes three blades of different sharpness for fine, medium, and coarse cuts. The food tray is another highlight of this meat grinder.
It’s a heavy duty piece that has ample space for all kinds of meat. The switch makes the meat grinder easy to operate, and the dual safety features further add to the ease of operation of this meat grinder.
This particular unit comes with unique and useful accessories such as food pusher, sausage horn, and kibbeh attachment. You can be assured about the safety of this unit as it is also ETL certified.
- Easy to create custom meat blends
- Highly durable stainless steel blades
- Three way safety switch for easy operation
- 500W ETL approved motor
- Easy to disassemble and clean
- Stainless steel construction for added durability
- The meat grinder is prone to getting jammed
- Improper cleaning might result in a residue on the ground up meat
- The meat grinder’s finish comes off after a few washes
- Replacement blades are not easily available
- The grinding parts are not dishwasher safe
2) Sunmile SM-G33 Electric Meat Grinder
The Sunmile SM G33 is a powerful meat grinder with a highly rated motor that operates at 400w power and 800w max power when it is locked. As per most home grinding needs, the meat grinder can grind up to 170 lbs. per hour.
The body of the meat grinder is highly durable, and it is made from high-quality stainless steel. The grinder head and tray are made from polished cast aluminum, and all parts are food grade as well as ETL certificated.
You can use this meat grinder to cut meat in three different types as it comes with coarse, medium, and fine meat grinding options for blades. Some parts of the meat grinder are dishwasher safe such as the cutting plates and cutting blades.
For added safety, the meat grinder has a single button operation that has an ON/OFF/Reverse button that adds to the ease of starting and reversing the unit. To safeguard the device, it comes with a circuit breaker to minimize the risk of the motor burning out.
- Ventilation during operation to prevent heating up.
- Comes with a big gear and gear box to facilitate grinding of the meat.
- Includes safety switch and circuit breaker.
- Rated power of 400w and max power of 800w.
- Big tray capacity for grinding large amounts of meat.
- The grinder can get clogged easily
- Bone pieces in the meat can damage the grinder
- The blades and exterior finish can get dull with time
- The blades lose their edge with regular use
- The meat tends to build up near the flow plate
3) Kitchen Basics 3-In-1 Meat Grinder
The Kitchen Basics 3-in-1 meat grinder is ideal for grinding all kinds of meat and vegetables. This manual meat grinder is easy to use, and you get three sizes of sausage funnel included with the product so that you can make sausage of different types.
The unit is small in size, but it makes up in its function by easily grinding up all kinds of meat. The meat grinder is easy to clean, and you can disassemble it and clean it in the dishwasher. When you use this unit, you get the peace of mind in knowing that the meat you grind does not contain any chemicals and it is ground in a hygienic and clean environment.
What’s more, you can also use this meat grinder to make pasta such as rigatoni and spaghetti. This is the perfect meat grinder if you grind meat occasionally and don’t mind a bit of hard work in moving the crank to grind the meat.
- Minimal design and easy to store
- The unit comes with a suction switch that adds to stability while in use
- The handle is smooth and easy to move
- Easy to clean with warm, soapy water and a cloth
- Perfect for those who are starting into grinding their own meat
- The unit is not ideal for heavy-duty usage
- Only useful for grinding 1-2 lbs of meat at one time
- The lock on the base is difficult to operate
- The instructions are not clearly printed
- Difficult to grind meat with fat in it
4) Sunmile SM-G73 Heavy Duty Electric Meat Grinder
The Sunmile SM-G73 is a meat grinder with a strong motor that offers ample power for grinding meat. The motor is rated for 600w of power and 1000w max of locked power.
The highly durable meat grinder comes with strong gears and a gearbox that can grind up to 185 pounds of meat per hour. If you are starting to grind meat in your house, this is the ideal meat grinder for basic usage. The stainless steel body and the aluminum tray ensure the meat grinder is durable and looks good too.
There are three stainless steel blades included with the meat grinder, and you can use these blades to cut meat in all kinds of sizes. Three sausage stuffer attachments are also included to ensure you can use these for making sausages.
The unit is easy to operate and comes with a big on/off switch for quick operation. There is a circuit breaker included in the device to prevent the motor from burning out in case of an overload.
- High powered meat grinder with 600w/1000w max power
- Easily grinds up all kinds of meat
- Includes several useful attachments
- Included safety switch makes operation easy
- Offers ventilation while in use
- The plastic gears in the meat grinder can wear out with use
- Replacement parts are difficult to find
- The grinder is slow at making sausages
- The grinder has a tendency to clog up when in use
- The motor doesn’t work if it is not assembled correctly
5) Best Choice Products 2000W Electric Stainless Steel Meat Grinder
The Best Choice Products meat grinder is made of steel and offers powerful performance with 2000w of power. The unit has three speed settings, and you can use it on high, low, and reverse settings. The three heavy duty cutting blades are made from steel, and they make an easy job of cutting any kind of meat in three different forms. You can have the end product in fine, medium, or coarse pieces.
Completely electronic, the meat grinder also has a food pusher and kubbe attachment that makes it easy to push meat into the grinder. The cast aluminum feeding hopper has ample space for meat, and it also adds to the looks of the grinder. If you grind meat occasionally, then this is the perfect meat grinder for your house.
- Internal parts are made from steel for added durability
- Powerful meat grinder ideal for grinding large quantities of meat
- Big feeding tube for adding more meat
- Grinds meat quickly without any fuss
- Easy to use with basic operation buttons
- Difficult to clean as the meat gets stuck to the blades
- The motor can come apart to send metal shavings in the meat
- The motor can seize up with continued usage in a session
- Finding replacement blades is difficult
- Attachments are difficult to find
6) Flexzion Electric Meat Grinder 1600 Watt
The Flexzion Electric Meat Grinder is a powerhouse that can make small task of all kinds of meat. The unit focuses on being sanitary as it comes with food-grade stainless steel grinding plates and cutting blades.
The whole meat grinder is easy to take apart for cleaning purposes, and it also makes the unit easier to store when not in use. This meat grinder also complies with the safety standards set by ETL, which means it is safe for use with food.
Whether you need to ground a small amount of food or thick slabs of meat, the powerful motor of this unit is perfect for grinding all kinds of meat. The unit also comes with a circuit breaker to prevent the motor from burning out in case of overload.
This meat grinder comes with a range of accessories such as grinding plates, cutting blades, and two attachments for making sausages. You can also choose from rapid grind or coarse grind depending on your requirements.
- Powerful unit that grinds meat quickly
- Perfect for grinding game meat
- Ideal for grinding large quantities of meat
- Stainless steel parts add to its durability
- Included circuit breaker for added safety
- The sausage stuffing feature doesn’t work too well
- The gears are made of plastic and not durable
- The unit can get hot with usage
- The parts of this grinder are not dishwasher safe
- The chassis is made from hard plastic
FAQs about Best Meat Grinders under $100
Buyers often have questions or queries about the products they want to buy. Let’s take a look at some of the popular frequently asked questions about meat grinders under $100
Q1) How can I stop the meat from clogging up the meat grinder?
Ans. It is recommended to freeze the meat for a little while before cutting it into small pieces for grinding. Frozen meat has less tendency to clog the meat grinder as it does not stick to the blades.
Q2) How can I clean a meat grinder?
Ans. You can use a solution of soap and warm water to soak the blades and removable parts of the meat grinder and then clean them with a cloth and water.
For non-removable parts, you can use a small brush soaked in soapy water for cleaning. Please make sure that you have unplugged the unit before you start cleaning it.
Q3) Can I grind bones in a meat grinder?
Ans. It is not advisable to grind bones in the meat grinder as the small parts can get embedded in the meat and make it unsuitable for consumption. If you want to grind bones, choose a grinder that is designed for grinding bones.
Q4) How long can I grind up meat in one session?
Ans. If you are grinding up a lot of meat, it is best to work in short sessions in order to avoid overloading the motor or the gears of the meat grinder.
Q5) How can I make sure the meat grinder is suitable for use with food items?
Ans. Look for ETL certification on the meat grinder which means it is certified as safe for use with food items.
If you consume a lot of meat or you like to keep your meat frozen for the off-season, it is the best idea to get a meat grinder. For beginners, a meat grinder under $100 will be the ideal stepping stone before venturing into the world of more expensive and feature-packed meat grinders. Even if you grind meat regularly, you can find several feature-packed models of meat grinders in the sub $100 range.
Make sure you choose a meat grinder from a reputed brand and go through the reviews to make sure it has all the features you are looking for. We hope this article has shed enough light on the popular meat grinders in this range so that you can make your mind up about the meat grinder that you want to buy. In case you have any questions or queries about meat grinders, feel free to post the same in the comment section and our team will answer your questions at the earliest.