The Best Meat Grinder For The Money
Buying the best meat grinder for money can be a difficult decision as there are so many models available in the market. Every brand of meat grinder offers different features, and you have to be careful in making a choice to find the meat grinder that best suits your requirements and your budget.
While some meat grinders offer a wide range of accessories, others offer powerful meat grinding features that are useful if you plan to grind a lot of meat. The warranty of the product is important when you are spending money and the best meat grinders come with an extensive warranty so that your interests are covered in case the grinder malfunctions in the future.
In this article, we are going to take a look at some of the meat grinders that offer the best value for money, and we will also take a look at their features, pros, cons, and frequently asked questions about the meat grinders.
Comparison of Best Meat Grinder for the Money
|Product Name||Dimensions||Weight||Power||Warranty||Editor's Rating||Where to Buy?|
|KITCHENER Heavy Duty Meat Grinder||20.5 x 19.5 x 18.5 inches||60 pounds||750 watt max||1 year||4.1||Check on Amazon|
|Sunmile SM-G31 ETL Meat Grinder||19.3 x 10.4 x 8.4 inches||7.9 pounds||800 watt max||1 year||4.2||Check on Amazon|
|Gourmia GMG525 Electric Meat Grinder||5.5 x 13.5 x 11.8 inches||6.85 pounds||1000 watt max||1 year||4.2||Check on Amazon|
Electric Meat Grinder - Size #12
|17 x 8 x 12 inches||13 pounds||2000 watt max||3 years||4.3||Check on Amazon|
Meat Mincer with 3 Grinding Plates and Sausage Stuffing
|16.5 x 9.9 x 9.1 inches||8.68 pounds||1000 watt max||1 year||4.6||Check on Amazon|
Ivation 2.5hp Electric Meat Grinder Mincer
|14 x 10.5 x 10.5 inches||12.15 pounds||1800 watt max||1 year||4||Check on Amazon|
Features To Look for In Meat Grinders
If you are in the market for a meat grinder that offers the best value for money you need to keep in mind the features that are essential in these meat grinders. Here’s a quick look at some of the features you should look for.
- Powerful Motor – A powerful motor is a must for any meat grinder so that it can grind meat easily. A motor with high wattage will also help you to save time on grinding large amounts of meat.
- Useful Accessories – The accessories make all the difference when it comes to using a meat grinder for a variety of uses. You should look for a meat grinder that offers attachments for making sausages, kibbeh, and more. Extra blades and trays are also useful attachments that you should look for.
- Durable Construction – The design of the meat grinder should look modern, and it should also be functional. As a meat grinder goes through a lot of wear and tear during regular usage, it should be made from durable materials that will last for many years to come.
- Ease of Use – Most of all, the meat grinder should be easy to use while inserting meat, grinding it, or adding new plates to the meat grinder. It should also be easy to clean when you take it apart and if the parts are dishwasher compatible, that’s a bonus.
- Warranty – An extended warranty means you can use your meat grinder with peace of mind in knowing that you are covered in case something goes wrong with the device in the future.
Product Reviews of Best Meat Grinder for Money
1) KITCHENER Heavy Duty Commercial Grade Electric Stainless Steel High HP Meat Grinder
The KITCHENER Heavy Duty Commercial Grade Meat Grinder is a highly durable and powerful meat grinder that is perfect for commercial as well as home usage. The meat grinder has a steel gear-driven mechanism and it offers powerful grinding capability with a 750W induction motor.
The appliance can grind 840 pounds of meat per hour and it does that without making noise. The silent and smooth operation are the signs of the quality engineering used for making this meat grinder.
The grinder’s motor is encased in a stainless steel housing and it also has a water-proof switch for added safety. The pan and the throat of the meat grinder are designed for holding more meat than usual meat grinders.
- Patented removable drawer design
- Powerful gear-driven motor
- Simple operation for ease of use
- Stainless steel housing for added durability
- Waterproof switch
- Ligaments can clog up the grinder
- The grinder is not ideal for grinding bones
- The metal parts are not dishwasher friendly
- The holding screw is difficult to remove
- The tray is not made from stainless steel
2) Sunmile SM-G31 ETL Meat Grinder
The Sunmile Meat Grinder comes with 800 watts of maximum power and this meat grinder is perfect for use in a home or small kitchens. The unit is easy to operate with an on/off switch. You can grind up to 150 lbs of meat per hour with this grinder.
There are different types of attachments provided with this meat grinder and you can also wash the blades and plates in the dishwasher. The meat grinder uses copper wires that add to its durability and the unique design of the appliance ensures it will look good in any modern kitchen.
You can also disassemble it with ease and clean it as needed. By using the attachments given with this meat grinder, you can make all kind of ground meat for use in sausages, kibbeh and much more.
- Motor with 800 Watts maximum power
- Copper wiring for added durability
- Dishwasher friendly blades and plates
- Die-cast aluminum grinder head
- Three section grinding head
- The fluids from meat tend to go back into the meat grinder
- The pieces of the grinder tend to accumulate rust
- The blades can get clogged easily
- The output holes are too small
- The metal tends to leave black stains
3) Gourmia GMG525 Electric Meat Grinder
The Gourmia Electric Meat Grinder comes with several attachments and a powerful motor that can grind all kinds of meat. The unit is designed to look great in any kitchen and it is also ETL certified. With the range of accessories available, it is easy to use this meat grinder to make sausage or kibbeh depending on your requirements.
The heavy duty food tray is perfect for keeping meat before using the food pusher to push it into the grinding tube. The unit also comes with a dual safety switch to prevent overheating while the grinder is in use.
There are three blades included with the meat grinder so that you can cut the meat in the desired consistency. If you are looking for a quality meat grinder that offers durability and power, choose Gourmia.
- Powerful 800W motor
- Stainless steel blades for added durability
- Three-way switch for simple operation
- Easy to disassemble and clean
- Includes Kibbeh and sausage attachments
- The grinder might leave a residue during the initial batches
- The metal parts of the grinder are prone to corrosion
- Regular cleaning might remove the stainless steel finish
- The grinder can get hot during usage
- The grinder is loud
4) Electric Meat Grinder – Size #12 – Model STX
This meat grinder from STX International is a powerful appliance that offers a range of features that will help you in grinding the meat as per your requirements. The meat grinder has three speeds, high, low, and reverse that make sure the meat will not get stuck in the grinder.
The grinder also comes with a safety circuit breaker to prevent heating and malfunction. With 2000 Watts of peak power, this meat grinder can make an easy job of any kind of meat. You can also use the optional foot pedal to control the meat grinder.
The grinder comes with a Quad Air Cooling technology that keeps it cool during operation. The range of accessories offered makes it fun to grind meat in different forms, and you can get the output of your choice with ease.
- Powerful grinder with 2000W of peak power
- Modern design with chrome accents
- Includes a range of accessories
- Stainless steel cutting blades
- Easy to take apart and clean
- The meat tray does not lock in place
- The grinder tends to clog up
- If not dried properly, the grinder parts might rust
- The meat tray is small in size
- The meat grinder is loud
5) Electric Meat Grinder, Meat Mincer with 3 Grinding Plates and Sausage Stuffing Tubes
This meat grinder Meykey is made from stainless steel and it is designed to be safe for all use cases. The blades of the grinder are enclosed which ensures there is no possibility of injury. You can push the meat in the grinder with a meat pusher and choose from up to three different grinds for any kind of meat that you are grinding.
The meat grinder comes with a sausage attachment, a kibbeh attachment, a food pusher, and a cutting blade. The grinder also has a suction base so that it stays put in one place when you are grinding meat in it.
It is a functional and powerful meat grinder for home usage with a motor that is rated for max power of 1000W. Most of all, the parts of the dishwasher safe so that you can wash them with ease. The meat grinder is ETL approved and food safe as well.
- Powerful motor
- Durable construction
- The motor has high-quality copper wiring
- Suction base for stability while operating
- Dishwasher safe
- The metal has a tendency to rust if not washed and dried after use
- The dishwasher clogs up if sinew and cartilage are put in the grinder
- Bones tend to clog up the meat grinder
- The meat grinder is noisy
6) Ivation 2.5hp Electric Meat Grinder Mincer
The Ivation Electric Grinder is just the meat grinder you need when you have a lot of meat to grind and you want to get it done quickly. With 1800W max power, the copper motor of the meat grinder is efficient and powerful. The three-way operation of the meat grinder makes short work of any kind of meat whether it is tough game meat or chicken.
The appliance also comes with a range of accessories that are useful for making sausages, kibbeh, and much more. With these accessories, you have complete control over the kind of final result you want from the meat.
The meat grinder adds to the safety quotient with the dual safety switch that prevents motor burn out. There are three options for the motor movement, on, off, and reverse. The reverse option is useful in case any food gets stuck in the meat grinder.
- Powerful copper motor
- Dual safety switch
- FDA approved, food grade material
- ETL certified
- Durable construction
- Gristle and tissue in the meat can clog the grinding plates
- The meat grinder is loud during operation
- The color of the grinder might fade after cleaning
- The meat grinder’s parts are not dishwasher friendly
FAQs about Best Meat Grinder for Money
Prospective buyers often have questions and queries about meat grinder operation and care. Here are some of the frequently asked questions about meat grinders.
Q1) I tried to grind meat but it gets stuck in the blades. How can I prevent this?
Ans. Before grinding meat, make sure you semi-freeze it for half hour and cut the meat into small cubes. Don’t grind the meat in one go, but pulse the blades so that the meat doesn’t get stuck in the grinder.
Q2) Can I grind bones in my meat grinder?
Ans. Most meat grinders are not designed for grinding bones as the hard pieces can damage the blades and the plates. You can boil the bones till they are soft so that they can be ground up easily. Consider mixing the bones with meat pieces so that they are easier to grind.
Q3) What is the best way to wash the removable parts of the meat grinder?
Ans. While the instructions might suggest that it’s alright to put the parts in a dishwasher, the high pressure of water and moisture in the dishwasher can damage the finish of the blades and the plates. Consider washing these parts in a solution of soap and warm water. Make sure you dry all parts properly to prevent rust or discoloration.
Q4) Can I grind peas in my meat grinder?
Ans. As peas are in small numbers, the final result might not be up to your liking. The meat grinder works best for grinding meat and if you plan to grind anything else, it’s best to go with a food processor.
Q5) Which features should I look for in a meat grinder that will do the best job for a large amount of meat?
Ans. Look for a meat grinder with a high powered motor, reverse motor function, a meat tray and, metal gears. You can also check if it supports a foot pedal that will leave your hands free for pushing meat into the grinder.
If you are looking for a meat grinder that offers value for money and all the features you need, then look into the meat grinders reviewed in this article. The ideal unit would be a balance between the features and the price so that you can get maximum utility from the meat grinder without burning through your budget.
While meat grinders are designed to work for long durations, it is best to use the grinder for short sessions to prevent the unit from heating up. In case the meat grinder clogs up, you can pulse the blade or disassemble the unit and put it back together. Slightly frozen meat will always grind better and whenever possible cut the meat in small, uniform pieces for a better grind. If you plan to grind bones, crush them in small pieces and incorporate them with meat while grinding.
We hope this article gave you a better insight into the meat grinders that offer the best value for money. For any other questions or queries, please feel free to discuss in the comment section.