Best Meat Grinder for Home
A meat grinder is one of the essential items in the kitchen of a house where people consume a lot of meat. You can choose from a range of products to find the best meat grinder for your home. There are many interesting dishes you can make with a meat grinder and also preserve meat by making sausages or kibbeh depending on your needs.
If you are a hunter or you want to prepare for long winter seasons, a meat grinder can help you process large quantities of meat in a short time. You can also use the attachments with the meat grinders to grind the meat in the desired form that is most suitable for your purposes. When you grind meat at home, you can also be sure that it is safe from any kind of preservatives and chemicals.
In this article, we are going to take a look at some of the popular models of meat grinders for use at home. We will also take a look at the features, pros, cons, and frequently asked questions about the meat grinders.
Comparison Chart of Best Meat Grinder for Home
|Product Name||Weight||Peak Motor Wattage||Editor's Rating||Where to Buy?|
|STX International STX-3000-TF Turboforce 3 Speed Electric Meat Grinder & Sausage Stuffer||12 pounds||1200W||4.2||Check on Amazon|
|Electric Meat Grinder - Size #12 - Model STX-4000-TB2-PD||13 pounds||2000W||4.3||Check on Amazon|
|Electric Meat Grinder, ALTRA Stainless Steel Meat Mincer & Sausage Stuffer||7.4 pounds||2000W||4.4||Check on Amazon|
|Homgeek Electric Meat Grinder, Meat Machine Sausage Maker||8.69 pounds||1200W||4.1||Check on Amazon|
|Sunmile SM-G33 Electric Meat Grinder - 1HP 800W Max Power||8.82 pounds||800W||4-5||Check on Amazon|
Review of Best Meat Grinder for Home
1) STX International STX-3000-TF Turboforce 3 Speed Electric Meat Grinder & Sausage Stuffer
View on Amazon
The STX 3000 is a meat grinder that brings the best features to make it ideal for any modern kitchen. This grinder has 1200w max power and it can grind up to 320 pounds of meat per hour. Three speeds make it easier to grind difficult cuts of meat and you can also unclog the grinder by moving the auger in reverse. This grinder comes with several attachments that are useful for making kibbeh or stuffing sausages. The meat auger with this grinder is designed to take in large portions of meat and grind them quickly as compared to other meat grinders. In all, this is a powerful meat grinder for home use and you can make a range of meat products with the help of this meat grinder.
- Made from food grade materials
- Includes accessories for kibbeh and sausage stuffing
- Three speed switch system and circuit breaker for added safety
- The meat pusher can be used to store other accessories
- Polished aluminum grinder body looks great in the kitchen
- The grinder makes noise while grinding meat
- The parts of the grinder are not dishwasher safe
- Not ideal for grinding bones
- The grinder cannot be operated continuously
- The parts are quick to rust
2) Electric Meat Grinder – Size #12 – Model STX-4000-TB2-PD
View on Amazon
The electric meat grinder from STX offers 2000w of power and three speeds for grinding meat. You can also attach a foot pedal to control the meat grinder so that your hands are free for adding meat to the grinder. The Quad Air Cooling system of the grinder ensures that the machine stays cool while in use. There are several attachments and accessories available with this grinder such as a set of 3 stuffing tubes, a kibbeh attachment, 1 beaner plate and more. All attachments are made from high-quality materials that are durable and safe for use with food. The grinder is also ideal for grinding soft bones that can be mixed in pet food.
- Max 2000w rated power
- Quad Air Cooling System to reduce heat during use
- Compatible with a foot pedal
- Comes with a circuit safety breaker
- New design of meat stuffer
- The grinder parts tend to leave residue in meat
- The chrome parts of the grinder oxidize
- The meat tray doesn’t stay in place as there is no locking mechanism
- The grinder makes a lot of noise while grinding meat
- The parts are not dishwasher friendly
3) Electric Meat Grinder, ALTRA Stainless Steel Meat Mincer & Sausage Stuffer
View on Amazon
The ALTRA meat grinder is made from high-quality food-grade materials. The construction is composed of three-layer stainless steel, aluminum alloy, and ABS. In most meat grinders, many parts get rusted, but this meat grinder has parts that are made from anti-corrosion materials. This is the ideal meat grinder for use in the home as the powerful motor offers up to 350w of power and it can grind 2 pounds of meat per minute. It is recommended not to run this meat grinder for more than ten minutes as the machine can get hot. It is best to grind the meat in short pulses so that it doesn’t get stuck inside the machine. You can also use the provided accessories to make the desired blends of meat for use in the dishes you want to create.
- Powerful 350w motor
- Grinds up to 2 pounds of meat per minute
- Includes sausage funnel and kibbeh attachment
- Mad from food grade material
- Three way switch for easy operation
- The hopper does not fit well
- The grinder makes a lot of noise while grinding
- The grinder gets hot quickly
- Stainless steel finish wears off quickly
- The grinder works slowly at grinding meat
4) Homgeek Electric Meat Grinder, Meat Machine Sausage Maker
View on Amazon
The Homgeek Electric Grinder is a powerful meat grinder that is useful for all kinds of meat stuffing and filling. The body and blades of the meat grinder are made from food-grade stainless steel and the powerful 1200w motor can make quick work of any kind of meat. The high-quality construction of the meat grinder gives it a sleek and modern look that will look great in any kitchen. The grinder is meant for home use and its parts are not dishwasher friendly, you can wash the parts in warm, soapy water to clean any bits and pieces of meat from the blades and tubes. The attachments provided with the meat grinder make it easy to make sausage or kubbeh depending on your need.
- Stainless steel housing adds to the durability
- Includes sausage and kubbeh attachments
- Powerful 1200w motor
- Comes with a copper motor protection system
- Low-speed auger to avoid meat oxidation
- The hopper doesn’t fit properly in the slot
- The grinder heats up quickly
- The discs can get rusted quickly
- The assembly directions are not helpful
- Takes a long time to stuff sausages
5) Sunmile SM-G33 Electric Meat Grinder – 1HP 800W Max Power
View on Amazon
The Sunmile SM G33 is a powerful meat grinder that is ideal for grinding all kinds of meat into the form you desire. This meat grinder comes with a motor that’s rated for 400W power and 800w max power. The meat grinder is made from food grade ETL certified materials, and the body of the grinder is made from stainless steel and the tray and grinder head are made of polished cast aluminum. There are three cutting plates included with the meat grinder so that you can grind the meat in your desired consistency. The cutting plates are also dishwasher safe so you can wash them with the rest of utensils without a worry. The meat grinder’s design offers ventilation when it’s in use and the single button operation makes it easy to start grinding meat.
- Stainless steel body construction
- Circuit breaker included to prevent overheating
- Design includes vents
- Single key on/off/reverse function
- Includes useful accessories
- This grinder is not ideal for wild game
- The plastic gears tend to get clogged with regular usage
- The gears are not durable quality
- The meat needs to be cleaned of fat for use in this grinder
- The motor of the grinder tends to smell
Frequently Asked Questions About Best Meat Grinder for Home
Prospective buyers and users often have questions or queries about the meat grinder they want to purchase. Here are some of the frequently asked questions about the best meat grinder for home.
Q1) I tried grinding some meat but it keeps clogging up the meat grinder. What can I do to avoid the jamming of the meat grinder?
Ans. You can try a few things, such as freezing the meat for a little while before grinding it. You can also cut the meat up in small, even pieces before grinding it and make sure you grind the meat in quick pulsing motions and use the reverse function of the motor between pulses. Clean all sinew and fat from the meat before grinding it.
Q2) I want to grind chicken bones in my grinder to add to my cat’s feed. How can I do it in the best way possible?
Ans. Check your grinder’s specifications to see if it is rated to grind bones. You can boil the bones to make them softer and then incorporate them with the meat in the grinder to grind them into smaller pieces. In any case, avoid grinding harder bones in the grinder as it can damage the machine.
Q3) I tried grinding some meat in my new grinder and now there are small pieces of meat stuck in the auger and the blades. How do I clean it?
Ans. You can try passing one or two slices of bread through the grinder as it will soak up the smaller pieces of meat. Once that is done, soak the removable pieces in warm soapy water and use a small brush to remove any remaining pieces of meat.
Q4) Meat keeps getting stuck in my grinder. What am I doing wrong here?
Ans. There can be several reasons for meat getting stuck in a grinder. You can try freezing the meat before grinding and then cut it into smaller cubes of equal size. Also, make sure you remove any sinew or fat from the meat as it can lead to clogging in the grinder.
Q5) Can I grind cooked meat in the grinder?
Ans. You should avoid doing this as it will lead to clogging and the grinder will turn the meat pieces into mush. It’s best to grind raw meat that has been frozen slightly so that it passes through the grinder easily.
Buying a meat grinder for your home can be one of the best decisions you can make for your kitchen. You can prepare and preserve your own meat and save money on buying meat from a supermarket. You can also create a range of wonderful dishes from the minced meat, sausages or kibbeh. Modern meat grinder and versatile and ideal for grinding all kinds of meat with ease. The simple operations and the new-age looks only add to the beauty of your kitchen.
These meat grinders are also surprisingly easy to clean and maintain. Many meat grinders come with dishwasher safe parts and if the parts are not dishwasher friendly, you can simply clean them in a mixture of warm soapy water. What’s more, the interesting attachments available with the meat grinders make grinding meat even more fun.
We hope this article has given you an insight into the kind of meat grinder you want to buy for your home. For any questions or queries, please feel free to leave your views in the comment section.