Best Meat Grinder For Bones
If you are a pet lover, then you will require a champ which does your work in a jiffy. Grinding meat may seem easy to many of us. But grinding bones are always a tedious and hesitant job. You can prepare your pet’s food at home by owning a meat grinder which can grind bones.
Electric meat grinders are always a boon to make your pet’s food at home. Fitness is not only significant for humans but also for pets. Preparing the diet for your pets is easy with these meat grinders.
Apart from the excitement to own a meat grinder to grind bones one should first know the features and uses to distinguish between the bests. In this section, we make your job easy to choose your desired one.
A size 22 machine can do the job effortlessly when compared to other small size meat grinders. The sizes above 22 will also grind the bones readily. But for home use, you can pick the size 22 meat grinders. Sometimes there are even small size meat grinders which are also eligible for the purpose. For cases like this, you need to have a detailed comparison with the features to choose the best.
Comparison Chart of Best Meat Grinder for Bones:
|Product Name||Grinding per hour||Power Watt||Where to Buy?|
|STX-3000-TF||320 pounds to 360 pounds||1200w Maximum power||Check on Amazon
|Weston Pro Series 22||700 lbs approximately||750w||Check on Amazon
|Sunmile G-73||185 pounds per hour||1000w Max power||Check on Amazon
|STX-1800-MG Magnum||N/A||1800w Maximum power||Check on Amazon
|STX 4000 TB2 PD||N/A||2000w Maximum power||Check on Amazon
|Sunmile #12 SM-G50||200 pounds per hour||1000w Maximum power||Check on Amazon
Things to look for when buying a meat grinder that grinds bones:
No matter the type of pet you are going to feed. You require a sturdy and reliable meat grinder to crush down the bones for your pets.
- The meat grinder must have a heavy-duty handle, motor, and The handle should be easily movable.
- If the body is made of stainless steel, then it will be easy to clean, and it will be a long-lasting unit.
- How fast does the machine grind the meat per hour? With the help of this characteristic, you can check for the power to grind the bones.
- It should be easy to assemble and disassemble.
- The predominant feature to check is whether there is a reverse button. In case of jamming, the reverse button helps to free the congestion.
- Check for the size of the bones that particular machine can take to grind.
- Check whether the meat grinder can withstand regular use. If the meat grinder can withstand regular use, then you can make your pet food occasionally and store it without affecting the life of the machine.
- Check for the technology used.
- Check the warranty period.
- Before buying the unit, you need to know the usage thoroughly.
- Check for the storage space and heaviness
- Checking the meat grinder whether it is budget-friendly and competent helps you get your desired one without compromising on the efficiency with other expensive units.
Reviews of Best Meat Grinder for Bones
#1 STX-3000-TF Turboforce Electric Meat Grinder
This STX electric meat grinder comes with Turboforce 3000, and it has heavy duty 1200 max watt. This electric meat grinder can grind bones easily and it can grind meat approximately 320 to 360 pounds per hour. This #12 meat grinder is larger when compared to #5 and #10. This meat grinder has 3-speed switches high, low, and reverse.
This product has polished food grade Aluminum grinding head and meat hopper, 3 stainless steel cutting blades, 3 grinding plates, 1 beaner plate, 3 sausage tubes, 1 Kubbe making attachment and 1 meat stuffer. The circuit breaker works for safety.
The Advanced Variable Intake (AVI) technology featured Meat Auger helps in grinding large portion of meat effortlessly along with the assistance of the Hopper opening for feeding the meat.
The size of the Hopper opening is 2 1/8 inches. The size 12 grinding plates with the diameter 2 5/8 inches allows more meat ground in a shorter time. This meat grinder does not grind sinew, plants, nuts, fruits, and bones. Also, the parts are not dishwasher safe.
- Bigger in size and grinds more meat
- AVI technology Meat Auger
- Grinds about 320 to 360 pounds per hour
- Has 3-speed switches
- Includes a meat hopper, 3 stainless steel cutting blades, 3 grinding plates, 1 beaner plate, 3 sausage tubes, 1 Kubbe making attachment and 1 meat stuffer
- Not recommended to grind thick tendons and bones
- Not dishwasher safe
#2 Weston Pro Series 22 Electric Meat Grinder
This Weston Pro electric meat grinder comes with a high-speed offset head. This machine doesn’t make much noise while running. The precision engineered steel gears, sturdy handle and motor are durable enough to serve for long years. This heavy duty meat grinder can grind bones smoothly and serves as one of the best meat grinders in the e-market.
It comes with a permanently lubricated air cooled motor with 120 volts and 60 Hz for smooth running. This is a number 22 size machine. It includes stainless steel grinding knife, 2 grinding plates for medium and coarse grinding, set of three sausage stuffing funnels, 10mm stainless steel snack stick funnel, high-speed stuffing auger, stuffing star/spacer, solid and heavy-duty stomper.
The tray guard keeps your hands safe. This unit can grind about 700 lbs of meat per hour. We can make dog food and grind bones with no trouble. This stainless steel meat grinder is easy to clean. The parts are not dishwasher safe.
- Grinds 700 lbs per hour
- Doesn’t make noise while running
- Includes steel grinding knife, grinding plates, sausage stuffing funnels, stainless steel snack stick funnel, high-speed stuffing auger, stuffing star/spacer, solid and heavy stomper
- Easy to clean
- Not dishwasher safe
#3 Sunmile G-73 Electric Meat Grinder
This meat grinder comes with the high power and strong motor which features 600w and 1000w max power. This meat grinder grinds up to 185 pounds per hour. It is designed with powerful gears and gearbox. The parts are food grade and ETL grade certified. This elegant looking sleek electric meat grinder can grind bones effortlessly.
Meat grinder comes with 3 various stainless steel cutting plates for coarse, medium, fine grinding of meat that makes stuffing and filling and 3 sausage stuff to help to meet all your sausage stuffing needs. All cutting plates and the cutting blade can be washed in the dishwasher.
This heavy duty meat grinder is made of a stainless steel body with a big tray, and the grinder head is made of polished cast Aluminum.
The accessories include 1 stainless steel cutting blade, 3 various stainless steel cutting plates; 1 plastic food pusher; 3 Sausage attachment.
Comes with a big button with ON/OFF/Reverse/Reset makes it easy to start and reserve and reset. Circuit breaker locked in to prevent motor burnout in case. Safety switch in the button to make sure your safety use again. There is good ventilation when running.
- High power motor
- Grinds 185 pounds per hour
- A big button with On, Off, Reserve and Reset
- Dishwasher safe
- Good to grind bones
- accessories include 1 stainless steel cutting blade, 3 various stainless steel cutting plates; 1 plastic food pusher; 3 Sausage attachment
- Makes loud noise
#4 STX-1800-MG Magnum Patented Air Cooled Electric Meat Grinder
This STX MAGNUM 1800W features Cowl Air Induction Cooling System. This cooling system is helpful to increase the life of the grinder. The body is made of brushed stainless steel which gives a neat look and grind bones without any difficulty.
This meat grinder has electronic buttons with “Delayed Start” protection. Also, this machine comes with the tomato juicer attachment which is intended to juice only tomatoes. This is a #12 meat grinder which can grind a large amount of meat for house use.
It works with the max power of 1800W. This machine includes a feed tray, 3 stainless steel cutting blades, 3 tempered steel grinding plates for fine, medium and coarse grinding, 1 Kubbe attachment, 3 sausage stuffing tubes. The parts are not dishwasher safe.
This grinder can grind frozen bones and advised to check the notes before use. But grinding bones are not recommended by the users of this product.
- Maximum power 1800w with Cowl Air Induction Cooling system
- Has electronic On power and Reverse buttons with delayed start protection
- Can grind chicken bones and leg easily
- Includes feed tray, 3 stainless steel cutting blades, 3 tempered steel grinding plates for fine, medium and coarse grinding, 1 Kubbe attachment, 3 sausage stuffing tubes
- Comes with a tomato juicer attachment
- Not dishwasher safe
- The tomato juicer can only juice the tomatoes
#5 STX 4000 TB2 PD Turboforce II Air Cooling Patent Electric Meat Grinder
This STX international meat grinder features the patented “Quad Air Cooling” system will increase the service life of this electric meat grinder. It has 2000w of peak output power with 3-speed switch On, Off and Reverses functions. The grinder’s safety circuit breaker feature acts as an added advantage and this electric meat grinder can grind bones straightforwardly.
There is a unique feature designed and included in this product, i.e., the Foot Pedal Control. This foot pedal control is optional, and you can use in case you want to operate hands-free use. Also, this product includes the additional accessories like 3 stainless steel blades, 5 grinding plates, 1 beaner plate, set of 3 stuffing tubes and a Kubbe attachment.
This is #12 meat grinder comes with a 2 1/2 inches diameter output for grinding and 2 inches diameter feeding tube. The parts of this meat grinder are not dishwasher-friendly. You may experience noise while running the machine.
This machine can grind bones and also grinds frozen bones and meat easily.
- Patented air cooling system
- Good to grind large quantity meat for house use
- 2000w Max power
- Foot pedal control
- Not dishwasher safe
#6 Sunmile #12 SM-G50 Electric Meat Grinder
This Sunmile electric meat grinder has high power and strong motor. It is a #12 meat grinder which features 350w rated power and 1000w maximum locked power. It is intended to grind up to 200 pounds per hour. The motor and metal gearbox ensure durability and can grind bones certainly.
It can grind a large amount of meat with the help of the head holding a generous amount of meat. The grinder’s head is made of aluminum, and all the parts are food grade and ETL certified which guarantees secure grinding.
This electric meat grinder comes with 3 various stainless steel cutting plates for coarse, medium, fine grinding of meat that makes stuffing and filling. This product includes 1 stainless steel cutting blade, 3 various stainless steel cutting plates; 1 plastic food pusher; 1 Sausage staff maker.
It has three switches On, Off, and Reverse which are easy to operate. It has good ventilation. There is a circuit breaker locked which is useful in case of burnout. Also, the parts in this grinder are dishwasher safe.
- Durable with the Maximum power of 1000w
- 3 Switches for easy operation
- Dishwasher safe
- Can grind chicken breast frames for pet food
- Can grind 200 pounds per hour
- 1 stainless steel cutting blade, 3 various stainless steel cutting plates; 1 plastic food pusher; 1 Sausage stuff maker
- Food grade materials used
- Fats are hard to grind when they are at room temperature. Can grind when it is frozen. Sometimes there will be chances of clogging.
- Are the machines easy to clean?
Yes, they are easy to clean and assemble.
- Can the meat grinders run for a long time?
No, the meat grinders will overheat after long use.
- Are they limited to chicken bones?
No, they can grind chicken bones and rabbit bones but not turkey bones since it is long and too hard.
- If the bone gets clogged and doesn’t make easy to release is there any chance of the wrong installation?
Yes, if the installation is not followed properly, there might be some unexpected inconvenience.
- Should I use the meat pusher to send the bones down?
Maybe sometimes you may require to push the bones.
Though these meat grinders are good to grind bones, they are limited to certain uses. These machines can grind chicken wings, chicken ribs, chicken back, chicken neck, rodent bones, fish bones and rabbit bones easily.
You may find difficult to grind up the leg bones of the chicken. Smaller the bones are easier and fast the course prepared. Suggested to run the meat grinder twice to achieve the desired output.
Raw meat is better to feed the pets than the cooked meat for various significance. Some pet owners can fear to feed the bones to their beloved pets thinking it might cause choking and splinters. For those who find difficult to feed bones, they can easily opt for meat grinders which can grind bones and serve a barf diet to the pets.
Before putting the bones into the tube make sure you remove the sinew and skin to avoid clogging. Certain of the above meat grinders can have a problem when the bones contain sinew and skin along with the bones while grinding.
You can still find the less expensive efficient meat grinders to do the endeavor. Before purchasing the meat grinder to grind the bones recommended to have a thorough comparison with the shortlisted machines. Wish you get the best meat grinder to serve your pet’s diet.